A Collection of Resources for Process Mining on Blockchain Data
This is a repository of event logs of decentralized applications (DApps) deployed on public blockchain networks. The event logs contain historic information about events that occurred during the execution of the DApps. Currently, the collection contains logs for the following Ethereum-based DApps:
- Augur: a prediction and betting marketplace;
- Forsage: an investment application, which turns out to be a PONZI scheme;
- CryptoKitties: a game where virtual cats can be bred and traded as assets; and
- ChickenHunt: a game for hunting chickens.
All event logs from this collection follow the IEEE XES standard and were extracted using the Ethereum Logging Framework (ELF). In addition to the event log data, this website provides a description of the data in the event logs, pointers to DApp documentations, links to ELF scripts used for data extraction, and insights obtained from a preliminary analyses for each DApp event log.
We invite users to contribute their own data sets to this collection. Data sets can be contributed via pull requests to our github repository.
This collection is part of our work on process mining for blockchain-based applications. Details can be found in the following publications:
- C. Klinkmüller, A. Ponomarev, A.B. Tran, I. Weber, W. van der Aalst (2019): “Mining blockchain processes: Extracting process mining data from blockchain applications”. In: International Conference on Business Process Management (Blockchain Forum).
- C. Klinkmüller, I. Weber, A. Ponomarev, A.B. Tran, W. van der Aalst (2019): “Efficient logging for blockchain application”. https://arxiv.org/abs/2001.10281
- R. Hobeck, C. Klinkmüller, H.M.N.D. Bandara, I. Weber and W. Van der Aalst (2021): “Process Mining on Blockchain Data: A Case Study of Augur”. In: International Conference on Business Process Management.
- H.M.N.D. Bandara, H. Bockrath, R. Hobeck, C. Klinkmüller, L. Pufahl, M. Rebesky, W. Van der Aalst and I. Weber (2021): “Event Logs of Ethereum-Based Applications: A Collection of Resources for Process Mining on Blockchain Data”. In: International Conference on Business Process Management.
- P. Beck, H. Bockrath, T. Knoche, M. Digtiar, T. Petrich, D. Romanchenko, R. Hobeck, L. Pufahl, C. Klinkmüller and I. Weber (2021): “BLF: A Blockchain Logging Framework for Mining Blockchain Data”. In: International Conference on Business Process Management.